Limit uncertainty with the Universal 2™ Total Wrist System, second generation of wrist arthoplasty system with more than 15 years of clinical evidence.
The Universal2™ Total Wrist System is designed for substantial improvements over earlier generation wrist implants, including an optimal articular geometry that provides good balance and potential for early range of motion and early return to activities.
Features & Benefits :
- A porous coated, titanium carpal plate with a fixed central peg and 2 variable angle screws, which creates stability.
- A cobalt chrome radial component contoured to conform to normal distal anatomy for superior balance and motion.
- A bevel on the ulnar side of the radial component provides the option to preserve the ulnar head.
- Both the radial and carpal component stems have a volar offset to improve joint stability and wrist extension.
- Beaded porous coating on the carpal plate and radial implant stem aids in osteointegration.
- Minimal bone resection is needed to accommodate implants.
- Broad ellipse-shaped articulation provides excellent stability and a functional range of motion.
The Universal2™ Total Wrist System is indicated for use in patients suffering pain and/or loss of function due to:
- Traumatic Arthritis.
- Rheumatoid Arthritis.
SLAC Wrist The Universal2™ Total Wrist may also be indicated for use in the revision of a failed implant, in younger patients with articular joint disease, or in difficult situations where clinical experience indicates that other reconstructive efforts are likely to achieve unsatisfactory results. Use should be limited to those conditions where preoperative exam indicates sufficient bone stock for the support of the implants.
Contraindications for the use of the Universal2™ Total Wrist include any condition which would contraindicate the use of joint replacement in general, including:
- Poor bone quality which may affect the stability of implants.
- Severe tendon, neurological, or vascular deficiencies which could compromise the affected extremity.
- Any concomitant disease which may compromise the function of the implants.
- Infections; acute or chronic, local or systemic.
Regulatory and Legal Information
Class IIb (implants) / Class I and IIa (instruments)
Universal2 is a trademark of Integra LifeSciences Corporation.
Integra LifeSciences Corporation
4900 Charlemar Drive • Building A
Cincinnati • OH 45227 • USA
Phone: (609) 275-0500
Integra LifeSciences Services (France) SAS
Immeuble Sequoia 2 • 97 allée Alexandre Borodine
Parc technologique de la Porte des Alpes
69800 Saint Priest • FRANCE
Phone: +33 (0)4 37 47 59 00 • fax: +33 (0)4 37 47 59 99
Availability of these products might vary from a given country or region to another, as a result of speciﬁc local regulatory approval or clearance requirements for sale in such country or region.
• Please read carefully the instructions for use.
• Non contractual document. Integra reserves the right, without prior notice, to modify the products in order to improve their quality.
• Warning: Applicable laws restrict these products to sale by or on the order of a physician.
Additional information for EMEA Customers only: Products mentioned in this document are CE class I, IIa, IIb devices.
Please contact Integra customer service should you need any additional information on devices classiﬁcation. All the medical devices mentioned on this document are CE marked according to European council directive 93/42/ EEC on medical devices and its relatives, unless speciﬁcally identiﬁed as “NOT CE MARKED”.
Universal 2 is a trademark of Integra LifeSciences Corporation or its subsidiaries in the USA and/or other countries. ©2016 Integra LifeSciences Corporation. All rights reserved.
Last modifcation date: 04/2016. 0466197-1-EN
Document for use in Europe, Middle-East & Africa only.
For complete product information, please see the Instructions for Use accompanying each product.