Silicon PIP Total Joint
Choosing the PIP silicon implant option to limit uncertainty during your PIP replacement cases.
Features & benefits
- Anatomical stem design which helps to have a stable implant fixation
- Low profile Dorsal collar to provide rotational stability and no pistoning
- Pre flexed 15° to reproduce the normal resting stance of the hand
- Volar attachment to avaoid breakage and enhance finger extension
- Color coded instrumentation
The Ascension Silicone PIP Finger Joint Prosthesis is intended for cementless replacement of the proximal interphalangeal (PIP) joint where disabled by rheumatoid, degenerative, or traumatic arthritis.
- Active local or systemic infection;
- Destruction of the metacarpal, phalanx, or phalanges or poor bone quality which prevents adequate fixation of the implant;
- Loss of musculature, neuromuscular compromise, or vascular deficiency in the affected finger;
- Growing patients with open epiphyses;
- Patients with high activity levels; and
- Patients unwilling or unable to comply with physician’s instructions.
Regulatory and Legal Information
Class I and IIa and IIb devices.
Ascension Orthopedics, inc.
8700 Cameron road Suite 100
Austin, Texas 78754 • USA
Ascension Orthopedics Ltd.
Biopark, Broadwater Road
Walwyn Garden City
Herts, AL7 3AX • United Kingdom
Availability of these products might vary from a given country or region to another, as a result of speciﬁc local regulatory approval or clearance requirements for sale in such country or region.
• Consult product labels and inserts for any indications, contraindications, hazards, warnings, precautions and instructions for use.
• Non contractual document. Integra reserves the right, without prior notice, to modify the products in order to improve their quality.
• Warning: Applicable laws restrict these products to sale by or on the order of a physician.
Please contact Integra customer service should you need any additional information on devices classiﬁcation. All the medical devices mentioned on this document are CE marked according to European council directive 93/42/ EEC on medical devices and its relatives, unless speciﬁcally identiﬁed as “NOT CE MARKED”.
Integra and the Integra logo are registered trademarks of Integra LifeSciences Corporation or its subsidiaries in the USA and/or other countries.
©2016 Integra LifeSciences Corporation. All rights reserved.
Last modifcation date: 05/2016. 0491140-1-EN
Document for use in Europe, Middle-East & Africa only.
For complete product information, please see the Instructions for Use accompanying each product.