Limit uncertainty with…
The LARGE QWIX® positioning and fixation screws were designed for extremity fixation and provide speed and precision for challenging surgical situations. The LARGE QWIX® screw’s unique design allows :
- Optimal and reproducible compression (fixation screws)
- An accurate insertion with minimal soft tissue conflict: the head is totally embedded in the bone.
- To address multiple fixation and osteotomy sites, two diameters are available (5.5 mm and 7.5 mm) with two different designs :
- positioning screws (fully threaded), for stabilizing without any compression (e.g. bone graft),
- fixation screws (partially threaded), for fixation with compression.
- Precise placement over a K-Wire (cannulated screws).
- The unique design with enhanced mechanical strength of shaft provides long -term stability also for delayed bone healing (e.g. arthrodesis in Charcot feet).
The LARGE QWIX® screws are indicated for fixation of bone fractures or for bone reconstruction :
- Arthrodesis in foot (mid & hindfoot) and ankle surgery.
- Fractures management in the foot and ankle.
- Mono or bi-cortical osteotomies in the foot and ankle.The size and length (partially or fully threaded) of the chosen screw should be adapted to the specific indication.
The implant should not be used in a patient who has currently, or who has a history of :
- Local or systemic acute or chronic inflammation;
- Active infection or inflammation;
- Suspected or documented metal allergy or intolerance.
Regulatory and Legal Information
For complete product information, please see the Instructions for Use accompanying each product.