Limit uncertainty and maximize cranial tumors removal with combination of speed and selectivity.
The CUSA® Excel+ Ultrasonic Surgical Aspirator offers multiple solutions to assist Neurosurgeons in their practice of cranial tumor removal providing a combination of speed and selectivity needed to perform both debulking and delicate dissection of soft up to tough tissues.
CUSA® Excel+ system is powered by C4 technology which provide four synergistic technologies working together to optimize surgical performance :
- Constant Tissue Contact – The high suction maintains consistent contact between tip and targeted tissues enhancing cavitation effect¹.
- High Frequency (36 kHz) Handpiece – The reduced amplitude provides more concentrated effect, minimizing risk of collateral impact.
- Adaptative Power – It automatically adjusts power proportionally to tissue needs to maintain tip vibration when challenged by resistant structure.
- ShearTip™ surgical tip – Its specific design creates intersecting acoustic waves which enhances cavitation without any mechanical force required.
- TissueSelect® setting allows Neurosurgeons to increase selectivity and control while removing tissue close to critical structures such as pia mater or vessels.
- It uses pulsed energy and controlled reserve power that create a rebound effect at the tip when it encounters a collagen-rich structure.
- The tactile feedback improves Neurosurgeons ability to differentiate between targeted tissue and critical structures and allows them to move the tip before it may cause damages, creating a wider margin of control.
- TipSelect™ feature offers a large choice of 12 tips for 12 solutions dedicated to Neurosurgery:
- 9 conventional tips for soft tissue removal featuring 3 different inner diameters and 3 different designs
- ShearTip™ surgical tip designed for tough and fibrous tissue removal
- MicroTip Plus™ surgical tip designed for transnasal approaches or in depth tumor removal
- SaberTip™ surgical tip designed for bone sculpting
- The most appropriate tip can thus be selected based on targeted tissue profile (consistency, location, size and access) and Neurosurgeon’s preference, to contribute to tissue removal performance.
- While working under microscope, the curved tips and pre-aspiration holes help improving visualization of the surgical site.
- The tip can also be changed during surgery in case of changing surgical conditions.
- The user-friendly control panel, color-coded tubing and tubing paths allow intuitive set-up of the system by clinical staff and help to save valuable time in the operating room.
1- Compared to higher amplitude.
The CUSA® Excel+ ultrasonic surgical aspirator is intended for surgical procedures where fragmentation, emulsification and aspiration of soft tissue is desirable, including Neurosurgery, Gastrointestinal and affiliated organ surgery, Urological surgery, Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, General Surgery, Orthopedic Surgery, Gynecological Surgery, Thoracic Surgery, Laparoscopic Surgery and Thoracoscopic Surgery.
Do not use the CUSA® Excel+ ultrasonic surgical aspirator for other indications than the ones specified in the instructions for use.
|CUSAEXCEL9||CUSA® Excel+ Console with Footswitch||Each 1|
|C2600||23 kHz Straight Handpiece||Each 1|
|C2601||23 kHz Curved Handpiece||Each 1|
|C2602||36 kHz Straight Handpiece||Each 1|
Regulatory and Legal Information
Products mentionned on this webpage are CE class IIb and III devices
Integra LifeSciences (Ireland) Ltd
IDA Business and Technology Park – Sragh
Tullamore • County Offaly • IRELAND
Availability of these products might vary from a given country or region to another, as a result of speciﬁc local regulatory approval or clearance requirements for sale in such country or region.
• Consult product labels and inserts for any indications, contraindications, hazards, warnings, precautions and instructions for use.
• Non contractual document. Integra reserves the right, without prior notice, to modify the products in order to improve their quality.
• Warning: Applicable laws restrict these products to sale by or on the order of a physician.
Please contact Integra customer service should you need any additional information on devices classification. All the medical devices mentioned on this document are CE marked according to European council directive 93/42/EEC on medical devices and its relatives, unless specifically identified as “NOT CE MARKED”.
Integra and the Integra logo are registered trademarks of Integra LifeSciences Corporation in the United States and/or other countries. CUSA, CUSA Excel and TissueSelect are registered trademarks of Integra LifeSciences Corporation or its subsidiaries in the United States and/or other countries. ShearTip, SaberTip, MicroTip Plus and TipSelect are trademarks of Integra LifeSciences Corporation or its subsidiaries.
© 2016 Integra LifeSciences Corporation. All rights reserved. Last revision date: 07/2016. 0502894-1-EN
Document for use in Europe, Middle-East & Africa only
For complete product information, please see the Instructions for Use accompanying each product.