EVD system – AccuDrain™
Limits uncertainty via an easy set-up and a secure fixation to the IV pole.
AccuDrain™ External CSF Drainage Management System contains several design features which address critical needs of the clinician:
- Easy to use, accurate and convenient.
- Green striped pressure tubing is kink resistant and durable, delivering accurate readings.
- Squeeze-Lok™ tabs allow you to adjust the height of the burette with ease and ensure that the burette does not slip.
- Includes an anti-microbial hydrophobic filter, which will allow venting even when it’s wet.
- Large numbers make the scale easy to read.
- Line Level included with every system.
Accudrain™ (Product codes INS8400 and INS8401): Draining and monitoring of Cerebrospinal Fluid (CSF) flow from the ventricles of the brain or lumbar subarachnoid space is indicated in selected patients to:
- Reduce Intracranial Pressure (ICP).
- Monitor Intracranial Pressure (ICP).
- Monitor Cerebrospinal Fluid (CSF).
- Provide temporary CSF drainage.
Indications for Ventricular and Lumbar Catheters (product codes INS8220, INS4000, INS4500, INS8420, INS5010, INS8330):
- External ventricular drainage catheters are indicated for drainage and monitoring of CSF from the lateral ventricles of the brain. The catheters may be used to reduce intracranial pressure (ICP), to monitor ICP, to monitor CSF and in the management of hydrocephalic shunt infections.
- External lumbar drainage catheters are indicated for drainage and monitoring of CSF from the lumbar subarachnoid space.
Accudrain™ (Product codes INS8400 and INS8401): This device is not designed, sold, or intended for use except as indicated. The External Drainage System is contraindicated in the following: Anticoagulation therapy, Coagulation disorders, Untreated scalp infections. System use is contraindicated where trained personnel are not available to supervise drainage and monitoring on a 24-hour a day basis.
Ventricular and Lumbar catheters (product codes INS8220, INS4000, INS4500, INS8420, INS5010, INS8330):
These devices are not designed, sold or intended for use except as indicated.
- Lumbar drainage and/or lumbar pressure monitoring should not be used in the presence of: non-communicating hydrocephalus; a large intracranial mass, tumor or hematoma; or in patients who have demonstrated a blockage of cerebrospinal fluid path ways due to trauma, tumor, hematoma or other large intracranial mass.
- Lumbar catheters are contraindicated in cases of spinal abnormalities that would prevent free insertion of the lumbar catheter.
- Lumbar catheters are contraindicated in infants where the lower end of the spinal cord has not yet migrated to its cephalad L1-2 position. In view of the marked narrowing of the lumbosacral canal in achondroplastic patients, a lumbar catheter in the subarachnoid space is contraindicated.
|EVD Catalog Numbers||Description|
|INS8400||Accudrain™ without the anti-reflux valve|
|INS8401||Accudrain™ with anti-reflux valve|
|INS8220||Hermetic™ Ventricular Catheter Set|
|INS4000||Hermetic™ Small Style ventricular catheter set|
|INS4500||Hermetic™ Large Style Ventricular Catheter Set|
|INS8420||TraumaCath™ Ventricular Catheter Set|
|INS5010||Hermetic™ Lumbar Catheter Closed Tip|
|INS8330||Hermetic™ Lumbar Catheter Open Tip|
Regulatory and Legal Information
Class I and III device
311 Enterprise Drive Plainsboro
New Jersey 08536 • USA
Integra LifeSciences Services (France) SAS
Immeuble Sequoia 2 • 97 allée Alexandre Borodine
Parc technologique de la Porte des Alpes
69800 Saint Priest • FRANCE
Phone: +33 (0)4 37 47 59 00 • fax: +33 (0)4 37 47 59 99
Availability of these products might vary from a given country or region to another, as a result of speciﬁc local regulatory approval or clearance requirements for sale in such country or region.
• Consult product labels and inserts for any indications, contraindications, hazards, warnings, precautions and instructions for use.
• Non contractual document. Integra reserves the right, without prior notice, to modify the products in order to improve their quality.
• Warning: Applicable laws restrict these products to sale by or on the order of a physician.
Products mentioned in this document are CE class I and III devices.
Please contact Integra customer service should you need any additional information on devices classification. All the medical devices mentioned on this document are CE marked according to European council directive 93/42/EEC on Medical Devices, and its relatives, unless specifically identified as “NOT CE MARKED.”
Accudrain, Hermetic,Traumacath and Squeeze-Lok are trademarks of Integra LifeSciences Corporation or its subsidiaries. Integra and the Integra logo are registered trademarks of Integra Lifesciences Corporation in the United States and/or other countries.
© 2016 Integra LifeSciences Corporation. All rights reserved. Last revision date: 09/2016. 0526452-1-EN
Document for use in Europe, Middle-East & Africa only
For complete product information, please see the Instructions for Use accompanying each product.