Limit uncertainty and maximize hepatectomies with a combination of speed and selectivity.
The CUSA® Excel+ Ultrasonic Surgical Aspirator offers multiple solutions to assist Liver Surgeons in their practice of hepatectomies by providing a combination of speed and selectivity needed in open and laparoscopic procedures.
The CUSA® Excel+ system is powered by C4 technology which provides four synergistic technologies working together to optimize surgical performance :
- Constant Tissue Contact – The high suction maintains a consistent contact between the tip and targeted tissues enhancing cavitation effect¹.
- High and Low Frequency Handpieces – The reduced amplitude of the 36 kHz handpiece provides a more concentrated effect, minimizing the risk of collateral impact, whereas the high amplitude of the 23 kHz handpiece provides deeper tissue penetration for improved resection speed.
- Adaptative Power – It automatically adjusts power proportionally to tissue needs to maintain tip vibration when challenged by resistant structure.
- ShearTip™ surgical tip – Its specific design creates intersecting acoustic waves which enhances cavitation without any mechanical force required.
- The TissueSelect® setting allows Liver Surgeons to increase selectivity and control while removing tissue close to critical structures such as bile ducts, arteries or vessels.
- It uses pulsed energy and controlled reserve power that create a rebound effect at the tip when it encounters a collagen-rich structure.
- The tactile feedback improves Liver Surgeons ability to differentiate between targeted tissue and critical structures and may allow them to move the tip before harming healthy tissue, therefore, creating a wider margin of control.
- The TipSelect™ feature offers a large choice of tips dedicated to open procedures:
- 5 conventional 23 kHz tips for soft tissue removal featuring 3 different inner diameters and 3 different designs.
- 36 kHz ShearTip™ surgical tip designed for tough and fibrous tissue removal.
- A Laparoscopic solution is also available with:
- A 23 kHz laparoscopic tip featuring 30,14 cm length and fitting in 10 mm port.
- A Lap Mode on the control panel which stops the irrigation and suction when power footswitch is released to keep the abdomen inflated.
- The most appropriate tip and handpiece frequency (23 or 36 kHz) can thus be selected based on targeted tissue profile (consistency, location, size and access) and Liver Surgeon’s preference, to contribute to tissue removal performance.
- The tip can also be changed during surgery in case of changing surgical conditions or conversion from laparoscopy to open procedure.
- Monopolar coagulation capacity can be added to the CUSA® Excel+ system with the CEM™ Nosecone accessory, compatible with Covidien® Force FX® generator.
36 and 23 KHz CEM™ Nosecone
- The user-friendly control panel, color-coded tubing and tubing paths allow intuitive set-up of the system by clinical staff and help to save valuable time in the operating room.
1- Compared to higher amplitude.
The CUSA® Excel+ ultrasonic surgical aspirator is intended for surgical procedures where fragmentation, emulsification and aspiration of soft tissue is desirable, including Neurosurgery, Gastrointestinal and affiliated organ surgery, Urological surgery, Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, General Surgery, Orthopedic Surgery, Gynecological Surgery, Thoracic Surgery, Laparoscopic Surgery and Thoracoscopic Surgery.
Do not use the CUSA® Excel+ ultrasonic surgical aspirator for other indications than the ones specified in the instructions for use.
|CUSAEXCEL9||CUSA® Excel+ Console with Footswitch||Each 1|
|C2600||23 kHz Straight Handpiece||Each 1|
|C2601||23 kHz Curved Handpiece||Each 1|
|C2602||36 kHz Straight Handpiece||Each 1|
Regulatory and Legal Information
Products mentionned on this webpage are CE class IIa, IIb and III devices
Integra LifeSciences (Ireland) Ltd
IDA Business and Technology Park – Sragh
Tullamore • County Offaly • IRELAND
Availability of these products might vary from a given country or region to another, as a result of speciﬁc local regulatory approval or clearance requirements for sale in such country or region.
• Consult product labels and inserts for any indications, contraindications, hazards, warnings, precautions and instructions for use.
• Non contractual document. Integra reserves the right, without prior notice, to modify the products in order to improve their quality.
• Warning: Applicable laws restrict these products to sale by or on the order of a physician.
Please contact Integra customer service should you need any additional information on devices classification. All the medical devices mentioned on this document are CE marked according to European council directive 93/42/EEC on medical devices and its relatives, unless specifically identified as “NOT CE MARKED”.
Integra and the Integra logo are registered trademarks of Integra LifeSciences Corporation in the United States and/or other countries. CUSA, CUSA Excel and TissueSelect are registered trademarks of Integra LifeSciences Corporation or its subsidiaries in the United States and/or other countries.
CEM and TipSelect are trademarks of Integra LifeSciences Corporation or its subsidiaries.
All other trademarks and trade names are the property of their respective owners.
© 2016 Integra LifeSciences Corporation. All rights reserved. Last revision date: 11/2016. 0536383-1-EN
Document for use in Europe, Middle-East & Africa only
For complete product information, please see the Instructions for Use accompanying each product.